Bachelor of Arts in Music – No Emphasis
- Completion of the following courses: MUSI 1101, 1222, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 3311, 3313, 3401, and 3405.
- Convocation (MUSI 1101), Applied Lessons (MUSI 1222 or 3222), and Ensemble (MUSI 1110, 1111, or 1112) are required for six semesters for student’s pursuing the Bachelor of Arts in Music with no emphasis, which need not be consecutive.
a. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts with voice as their primary instrument may substitute MUSI 1119 for MUSI 1111 in the last two semesters of their residency.
b. B.A. keyboard students need four semesters of ensemble.
- Four performances representing the student’s primary instrument in an elective recital or convocation as a soloist, chamber musician, or accompanist.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts with no emphasis must complete piano proficiency equivalent to MUSI 1231 Class Piano Level 2.
- Students with a keyboard emphasis must complete 4 semesters of MUSI 1241.
- The University’s information literacy requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 3322W, 3410W, or 3421W.
- The University’s writing in the major requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 3322W, 3410W, 3421W, or any 3000-level or above W course that has been approved for this major.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts are required to take a minimum of 42 credits in music courses, 14 of which must be at the 2000-level or above.