- Completion of the following courses: MUSI 1101,1222, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 3311, 3312, 3313, 3314, 3401, 3405, 3409, and one additional 3000-level music history course.
- Completion of MUSI 3321 and 3322W.
- Completion of MUSI 1601, 3371Q, 4731, and 4979.
- Completion of the following composition courses: MUSI 3331, 4333 (two semesters), 3351, 3631.
- Convocation (MUSI 1101), Applied Lessons (MUSI 1222 or 3222), and Ensemble (MUSI 1110, 1111, 1112) are required for seven semesters of a student’s residency in music as a declared music major.
a. Three of the seven required semesters of Applied Lessons for Composition students must be in MUSI 3222. Students may promote to 3222 in the Spring of their sophomore year.
b. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Music with voice as their primary instrument may substitute
MUSI 1119 for MUSI 1111 in the last two semesters of their residency.
- Four performances in convocation or recital, exclusive of any degree recitals. Students with a composition emphasis may appear as a soloist, chamber musician, or accompanist.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Music must complete piano proficiency equivalent to MUSI 1231 Class Piano Level 4.
a. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Music with keyboard as their primary instrument are not required
to take MUSI 1231.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Music with keyboard as their primary instrument must complete four semesters of MUSI 1241.
- The University’s information literacy requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 1103 and MUSI 3322W, 3410W, or 3421W.
- The University’s writing in the major requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 3322W, 3410W, 3421W, or any 3000-level or above W course that has been approved for this major.