- Completion of the following courses: MUSI 1101, 1222, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 3311, 3312, 3313, 3314, 3401, 3405, and 3409.
- Completion of MUSI 1601, 3601, 3631, and 3632.
- Convocation (MUSI 1101), Applied Lessons (MUSI 1222 or 3222), and Ensemble (MUSI 1110, 1111, 1112) are required for all semesters of a student’s residency in music as a declared music major.
a. For the last four semesters, Jazz Ensemble (MUSI 1115) fills the remaining four credits (1 credit
per semester) of the large ensemble requirement.
b. Two semesters of applied study in jazz are counted against the 8 required semesters of applied
study (MUSI 1222).
- Four performances in convocation or elective recital as a soloist, chamber musician, or accompanist.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts must complete piano proficiency equivalent to MUSI 1231 Class Piano Level 4.
a. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts with keyboard as their primary instrument are not required
to take MUSI 1231.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts with keyboard as their primary instrument must complete four semesters of MUSI 1241.
- The University’s information literacy requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 1103 and MUSI 3322W, 3410W, or 3421W.
- The University’s writing in the major requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 3322W, 3410W, 3421W, or any 3000-level or above W course that has been approved for this major.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts must take a minimum of 42 credits of music courses, 14 of which must be at the 2000-level or above.