- Completion of the following courses: MUSI 1101, 1222, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 3311, 3312, 3313, 3314, 3401, 3405, 3409.
- Music History Courses: MUSI 4489, and three courses chosen from MUSI 3410/w, 4471, and 4473; one of these three courses must be 4471 or 4473, and one must be on a pre-1700 topic.
- Music Theory Courses: Two courses from MUSI 3321, 3322W, 3361, 3371Q.
- Foreign Language: Two options
a. Two semesters of German, if another language is taken to fulfill the group requirement (students
will take 1000-level courses in German for 4 credits.
b. If German is taken as a group requirement, an additional two semesters will be required (students
will take 2000-level or above courses in German for 3 credits.
- Convocation (MUSI 1101), Applied Lessons (MUSI 1222 or 3222), and Ensemble (MUSI 1110, 1111, 1112) are required for all semesters of a student’s residency in music as a declared music major.
a. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts with voice as their primary instrument may substitute MUSI
1119 for MUSI 1111 in the last two semesters of their residency.
b. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts with keyboard as their primary instrument need four
semesters of ensemble.
- Four performances in convocation or elective recital.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts must complete piano proficiency equivalent to MUSI 1231 Class Piano Level 4.
a. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts with keyboard as their primary instrument are not required
to take MUSI 1231.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts with keyboard as their primary instrument must complete four semesters of MUSI 1241.
- The University’s information literacy requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 1103 and MUSI 3322W, 3410W, or 3421W.
- The University’s writing in the major requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 3322W, 3410W, 3421W, or any 3000-level or above W course that has been approved for this major.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts must take a minimum of 42 credits of music courses, 14 of which must be at the 2000-level or above.