To schedule any recital, regardless of location, degree program, or performance medium, students must fill out the Recital Scheduling Form. Students will be scheduled in the following order: DMA, MM, PC, BM, and BA. BA recitals are elective and must only occur in the fall semester; exceptions can only be made by the Department Head. The final deadline to schedule a recital for the Fall 2019 semester is 4:00pm on Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
Please consult the UConn Music Events Calendar (linked here and located below the form) when selecting your desired recital days and times to ensure there are no conflicts. Note: von der Mehden may not be available during unlisted times in the calendar.
1. There is a $50.00 cash deposit required to book a recital and have a program produced, whether at von der Mehden or elsewhere. The Music Office will collect the deposit at the time of the recital date confirmation and will issue a receipt. Once you have received your confirmation email, please bring your deposit to the Music Office (Music Building Room 229) during business hours. Your recital cannot be considered scheduled and will not appear on the calendar until this deposit is paid. Upon completion of the recital on the confirmed date and time, and assuming the program materials were submitted by the deadline (two weeks prior to recital date), the deposit can be picked up on the next business day.
2. Your program materials are due two weeks before the date of your recital. Please send these to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Program materials include program order, texts and translations (if applicable), program notes, and bios. Student bios may not be longer than 150 words; if your bio is longer, it will be returned for revision. Failure to turn in your program materials by the two-week deadline will result in the loss of your deposit and may result in the cancellation of your recital. Please note that recitals will not be allowed to go forward without programs. We are aware that vocal hearings are often within the two weeks prior to the recital, but the materials must be submitted by this deadline. (Please note that texts and translations will be checked and may be corrected. If you are wedded to your particular translation, you will want to submit your program early for consideration by our copy editor, who has the final say on the translation.)
3. If you would like to schedule your recital in a venue other than von der Mehden, you must still schedule it by filling out an application. There will be an additional $25 deposit for recitals that are not in von der Mehden.
4. If you would like your recital to be recorded, please download, print, and fill out the Audio Services Request Form. Listed fees apply.
5. In the event of extenuating physical problems necessitating the postponement of a recital, the deposit will be returned only after receiving confirmation from the teacher of record.
No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Please have applications submitted early to ensure the best slots. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.