The following requirements are as listed in the 2017-2018 course catalog.
- Completion of the following courses: MUSI 1101, 1222, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 3311, 3312, 3313, 3314, 3401, 3405, 3409, and one additional 3000-level music history course.
- Completion of MUSI 3321 and 3322W.
- Completion of MUSI 1119 (four semesters), 1251, 1252, 2253, 2254, 3231, 4731, 4732, and 4979.
- Completion of two of the following courses: MUSI 3721, 3722, 3723, or 3724.
- Convocation (MUSI 1101), Applied Lessons (MUSI 1222 and 3222; MUSI 3222 must be taken for four semesters), and Ensemble (MUSI 1110, 1111, 1112) are required for all semesters of a student’s residency in music as a declared music major.
a. Four of the eight required semesters of Applied Lessons for Vocal Performance students must be in MUSI 3222. Students may promote to 3222 in the spring of their sophomore year.
- Completion of piano courses necessary to acquire proficiency in playing piano accompaniments as determined by jury.
- A half recital during the junior year as a prerequisite for MUSI 4979. Promotion to MUSI 3222 is a prerequisite for the half recital.
- Four performances in convocation or recital, exclusive of any degree recitals. Students with a performance emphasis must appear as a soloist a minimum of three times.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Music must complete piano proficiency equivalent to MUSI 1231 Class Piano Level 4.
- The University’s information literacy requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 1103 and MUSI 3322W, 3410W, or 3421W.
- The University’s writing in the major requirement will be met through participation in MUSI 3322W, 3410W, 3421W, or any 3000-level or above W course that has been approved for this major.
- Students with an emphasis in Instrumental Performance must take a total of 88 credits in Music.