Wednesday, March 11th, 2020
We are proud to welcome string ensembles to our annual High School String Festival and Clinic. Through out the day you will experience studio classes and a recital by our string faculty, working with our renowned conductor Andre Raphel and have a side by side rehearsal with current University of Connecticut orchestra members.
You can find the schedule below:
9:00-9:30 am- Arrival
9:30-10:15 am- Studio classes with University of Connecticut Faculty
10:30-10:45- Performance by University of Connecticut Faculty
10:45-11:30- Performance by each class
11:30-12:30- Orchestra Rehearsal with Professor Andre Raphel.
12:30-1:30- Lunch (not provided by UCONN)
1:30-3:00- Side by side Rehearsal with the University of Connecticut Orchestra
Music for morning classes
- Vivaldi Concerto for 4 violins in B minor, RV 580, Mvt 1.
- Danse Macabre for 4 violins http://ks.imslp.net/files/imglnks/usimg/5/5f/IMSLP512537-PMLP5008-Danse_Macabre-_4_Violins_-_Score_and_parts.pdf
- Shenandoah for 4 violas https://www.americanviolasociety.org/PDFs/Resources/Multiple-Viola-Ensemble-Music-Concertos/Biancardi%20Shenendoah.pdf
- Sinfonia from Bach Cantata 8: https://www.americanviolasociety.org/PDFs/Resources/Multiple-Viola-Ensemble-Music-Concertos/Bach-Sinfonia-Cantata-18.pdf
- Londonderry Air https://celloexpressions.com/music/piece/londonderry-air-danny-boy/
- Gabriel- Marie La Cinquiantaine
Please fill out the form below to register for the fesitval.
There is a participant fee of $15.00 per student, payable by check. The check should be made out too the UConn Music Department, with String Festival/Clinic on the Memo line.
Payment should be mailed too the UCONN Music Department at 875 Coventry Rd, Unit 1012, Storrs, CT 06269-1012 or turned in to Dr. Solomiya Ivakhiv on the day of the festival.
Please feel free to reach out to the Music Department office if you have any questions!